When in Gozo...
This is a list of suggested things to do while you’re in Gozo. Since Gozo is so small, most things are relatively close to each other. Boost your holiday by implementing the items on the list that are of interest to you:
* Go to a village feast and mingle with the locals in summer;
* Swim at Ramla Bay – the red sandy beach;
* Take the boat to Blue Lagoon in Comino. Swim in the clearest waters. Take a walk to the Comino tower, then to Santa Maria Bay, and back to Blue Lagoon;
* Visit Mgarr ix-Xini, Brad and Angelina’s favourite place on Gozo, and eat seafood at the small restaurant (opens only for lunch);
* Try the Maltese pastizzi either filled with ricotta or peas;
* Wander about the narrow streets of Victoria during the night;
* Visit Citadella and enjoy the views of all of Gozo;
* See the older woman do the lace and buy some lace;
* Visit the lunzjata valley
* Try fresh Gozo cheese or deep fried Gozo cheese.
* Try the Maltese sausage
* Eat at one of the various restaurants in Xlendi (famous for seafood).
* Try the fresh organic lampuki (traditional fish)/ lampuki pie/ or fresh organic tuna in Summer from the local water front restaurants in Xlendi and Marsalforn
* Go to a food tasting place like Ta’ Dbiegi on the way to Dwejra.
* Visit the Ta’Pinu Shrine on the way to Dwejra
* Take a picture with the Azzure Window
* Swim in the inland sea at Dwejra
* Go diving in Xlendi’s waters
* Try the ice-cream at Gelateria Granola in Xlendi
* Drink and dance at La Grotta (Xlendi), a cave transformed into a discothèque, voted at the top of open air clubs in Europe.
* Have a pint of cold cisk (Malta’s beer)
* Try the Kinnie (Maltese soft drink)
* Eat a packet of Twistees (local snack)
* Try the “Mqaret” (a date filled pastry)
* Try the figolla at Easter time.
* Rent a mountain bike/ car/ jeep or quadbike and explore Gozo.
* Take a segway tour – enjoy Gozo’s hidden treasures without getting tired feet.
* Ride the hop on / hop off bus
* Go horse riding.
* Soak up the sun at the various beaches in Gozo.
* Rent a jet-ski / yacht or a boat and go around the island to enjoy the scenery and the warm blue sea.
* Try a bottle of Maltese wine.
* Attend the Nadur carnival in February.
* Get married in the world’s oldest temples in Ggantija in Xaghra – and if you are already married, it’s a good place to renew your vows